Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Comminication

I just got off the phone with a new client.
There was some communication confusion early on in this job. I thought that my original verbal price quote included 20-30 images but we actually captured 86! The price however remained the same.
Now I love this client. They are new and will mean lots of work later on, so my conundrum was "how do I work for this client without ripping my company off?" I discussed this with my financial guru (wife) and she gave me a perfect game plan. I called him today and looked out for the both of us. Here's where we are now:
The first job will stay as quoted at the original price. The next job (in 2 weeks) and every job after that will be charged out at a per/shot price that is just slightly higher than the amount I would normally charge. That means that over time, everything will balance out and more importantly, everyone will remain happy.
Communication:
It's very important in business and it's equally important in college.
I guarantee you, the better you communicate with your professors, the better your grades will be.

1 comment: