Thursday, October 29, 2009

Free Transpose and Warp!

This week we focused on the Free Transform and Warp tools in Photoshop. We started off with an easy one: using Free Transform to straighten a key-stoned building. Ever since Photoshop's math has improved (around version 7) I feel that the swings and tilts of the view camera have gone the way of the dinosaur. Above is a rare view (now hidden by a building) of the Chrysler building. The 35mm camera caused key-stoning. Photoshop CS4 straightened it up quickly.
We spent the remainder of the class matching your images to a file of a book and mug that I supplied. We learned about warp and I gave lots of class help on the left hand page. Then you all tried the right hand page by yourselves. Wrapping your image around the mug was next and we finished the night by adding highlights and shadows to our added layers. I think it's pretty cool and I was impressed by how well you all did. Next week we'll play (I mean work) with Liquify, Extract and maybe Paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment