Thursday, October 8, 2009

Photoshop!

I know, I know! I was long winded and boring last night.
It's just that Photoshop CS4 is so ah - robust, that I just wanted to do a "quick" review of as much as I could. I had no idea that it would actually take that long. Beginning next week, we will be doing actual work together on images. That's when the real fun begins.
You should now have a collection of general images: nicely exposed faces, faces against a very light background, buildings inside and out, and this week, flowers.
We will begin to edit those images in Photoshop next Wednesday.
Last night we should have seen that Adobe did a great job laying out this version (CS4) and that everything makes simple sense. We saw the pop-out choices that exist for some of the tools on the tool bar, how menu bar choices named edit affect layers, those called image affect all layers and those called select affect (get ready), Selections! See? it's all so logical and sensible. Lastly we looked a my own panel choices and saw how to add and remove panels using the menu bar choice called window.
Like I said, this was a lot to cover (talk, talk, talk) but you need an overview so that when we begin to work next week, you will know where different tools are located. Please find time to sit at a computer and play with an image and Photoshop. See what the different tools do. Class next week will go much better for you if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment